Monday, August 22, 2011

Nina Challenge

I finally had time to sketch my ideas this morning after working all weekend.  Work is going to be a definite hindrance to this project, but it is suppling finances.  In fact, my French curve ruler set arrived on Saturday.  Hooray!

I also started to piece my black skirt together.

But, back to the show.  This week's challenge was to create a look for Nina.  The budget was $200.  I do have to say that I did like Kimberley's winning design.  However, there were a lot of designs that weren't so great.

So, I have brought two designs to the table as the designers were given a chance to sit down with Nina and get her thoughts.  My first design idea is separates.  The top would have this fabulous tweed between an almost white fake leather.  The pants would be a satin charcoal/platinum fabric.


This is a close up of the tweed fabrics:

And the satin pants:

My second design idea would be to make a simple mod long sleeved white dress, but paint a cool design on it with acrylic fabric paint:

Well, I have to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday this week and I will be beginning to create four flower girl dresses for a bride in New York, so I will be plenty busy.  But I still hope to get the skirt done this week and I want to get some more application questions done, too.  Until then!




No comments:

Post a Comment