Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Making a List...

Currently I have been experiencing a creative explosion, but it has been hard to focus on one project at a time, seeing it through to completion.  I am working on making some separates for me (a pair of white jersey cotton pants, a jersey cotton blend red tank top, a mid length black poly blend straight skirt with lining), a baby blanket for my husband's cousin's baby girl, and curtains for Lucy's room, which Ben painted for her over the weekend.  The separates I am making for myself come from commercial patterns, but I do want to make my own soon, which I will do once I procure all the necessary tools.  I have made my own girl's dress patterns, but they are less detailed.  According to the beginning chapter of my book, there are some rulers that I'll need.

Meanwhile, I started my new job yesterday as my current one does not pay well.  In fact, all I get now is room and board.  And as I have loved being a full time stay at home mom, it will be nice to get out (and the money will be nice, too).  I will be serving tables part time at a new restaurant opening here in town which stars an amazingly talented young chef who's expertise is in authentic Italian cuisine.  The restaurant hasn't opened yet, and this week we are just training.  But once I've made some money here, I will get my needed tools to start my pattern making lessons.

But, back to my current projects, I will finish the pants, then the top, then the skirt, then the curtains, and lastly, the blanket (after all, the baby isn't due until October).  So, there, I've made my checklist and I am committed to it.  I will post my pictures of the done projects for you to see, too.

For fun, here are some examples of some of my flower girl designs creations:







No comments:

Post a Comment