Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Find your passion

To the point, the object of this blog is to tell the story of my journey toward applying to be a contestant on Project Runway. I will, over the course of this blog, learn how to design and create all sorts of garments, from outer wear to mens' wear to swim wear. I will use the internet and books to build on my current knowledge of sewing and design. I will do all this all while raising two children, ages 3 and 1, working part time as a waitress, and keeping house.

Who am I and how I got to this point will be reveilled over time as my adventure unfolds. But know, for now, that I came late to the game of fashion design, majoring instead in something that I choose to pursue at the age of 17, only to discover after three years of using my degree, that I hated my job. Years and professions later, I sought out someone to teach me how to sew a dress for my infant daughter. One year after that I was teaching a sewing class on how to make dresses and I was creating a label and online store on Etsy.com selling children's wear.

I feel, now, that I missed my calling, but I feel like it's not too late. I also am a Reality TV junkie and always imagined myself in the contestants' place. So, I sew - for now as a creative outlet to keep a sense of self between potty training and baby weaning. But how fun it would be to challenge myself to apply for my favorite show about my favorite thing. I know that I need some more training, so I now will set forth to prepare myself, with projects and with following challenges. Come along. Watch. Or you can join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment