Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keeping on Track

So, I've begun my new job waiting tables, which will only be three nights a week.  I have been through training and my brain hurts from trying to keep all the wines straight and from trying to get all the Italian words right.  We had a soft opening last night, but I left early as it wasn't too busy, which pleased my in-laws (babysitters).   Apparently Lucy was being difficult in not wanting to wear pants and then decided to try out her new washable markers on her little brother's face.  I have a picture, but as it shows her half naked, I don't think I will post it.  But it does show her skill in face painting.

I finally finished the red jersey shirt.  I'm pretty happy with it - jersey is a tricky fabric and I think the next time I work with it, I will be even better as I'm learning new tricks to it.


The blue. grey, black, and white shirt is a polyester blend chiffon, which was also tricky.  But I am getting good at it, especially with the roller hem foot.  This is a shirt that I made previous to beginning this blog.


Today I ordered a set of 8 French Curve rulers from Amazon.  These will allow me to draft my own patterns better.  

I'm having trouble getting motivated today.  There are laundry baskets with clean clothes to fold, but as Finn is napping now, I hate to use up my "free" time doing chores.  

I know.  I will measure Lucy's windows and plan her curtains - right after a cup of coffee!






No comments:

Post a Comment