Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Every Day I'm Shuffling...

to get everything done.  I am still getting caught up on all of the Flower Girl dress orders and I do plan on getting Lucy's dress done for Halloween.  I have also increased my number of shifts at the restaurant (which received a four star review last week!).  The major victim in my life right now, receiving less attention from me, is the laundry.  I'm hoping that soon my husband will wake up to find that he has no clean undies and will then realize that he needs to help out.  But, alas!  He has found his passion, too.

My husband has taken on his own project, which I have aptly named: Project Driveway.  He has procured a 1994 Audi Cabriolet in non working condition that he is determined to transform into working condition. I would rather he would come home from work and declare his desire to play with the kids, do a couple of loads of laundry, empty the dishwasher, etc. so I can sew, sew, sew!

I really don't know where the time goes.

But, I have managed to get my designs done to get caught up with Project Runway. And I would like to give a shout out to Lucy for letting me use her box of 96 crayons to help illustrate these designs.

Enjoy!

So, the first is the challenge where the designers had to design garments for "real people."  They met with a man who would describe a perfect outfit for his lady.  I ended up designing for the woman who wanted something girly and pink for attending a wedding in.  The actual design made for her was the losing design.  My design is a layered, tiered chiffon wrap dress.  I love it and may create it someday:







The second design in this post is for the episode where the designers had to design a garment for a member of a rock band.  Again, I took the losing designer's client and redesigned something.  My idea here was to have a snakeskin leather pant in a deep brown red color and on top a gauze (think thin linen) bottom down shirt over a brick red jersey tank.  




And last week's challenge was to create a look inspired by the seventies, but still modern.  The first look was to be done with $150 and the second with $50.  The second could not be separates.






So, I am caught up on the design challenges now.  I am currently working on a new design (new to me) for a flower girl dress that is almost complete.  I also got my new tags in the mail.  They are really sharp - embroidered silver thread on white that say: Mousebee Couture with Cincinnati, Ohio underneath.  I will do a post on my flower girl dresses soon.

Now off to bed!






No comments:

Post a Comment