Friday, September 23, 2011

Up to My Ankles

Just an update on what's been going on with me.

You're probably thinking, "She's two episodes behind!" I know, I know.  I plan on getting caught up soon with the show.  I have my designs in mind, I just need to draw them out.  Maybe I'll do that tonight at work on my server notepad before the dining room gets busy. I'll mention this, though: my husband was geared up by last night's challenge which featured the designers creating men's wear.  He asked me if I could do that which I replied "Why not?"  He wants me to make him some jeans - so I'll put that on my list of things to do.

This morning I finished up and shipped off four flower girl dresses which were cotton eyelet with Autumnal colored taffeta sashes.  When I am all caught up with all my orders of these flower girl dresses, I will post pictures of them.  This weekend I will be changing the sash on an existing dress and shipping it off to Australia for a November wedding, then I will be making a new pattern for a dress made like a current J Crew design that a buyer could not get shipped in time for her wedding from the J Crew website.  New patterns and designs are always fun for me.  I won't feature the design on my Etsy shop, though, because it is not my original design.  Then I have two silk and lace dresses going to Miami, Florida for a wedding.

I hope to get Lucy's (my three year old) princess dress done for Halloween.  She helped to pick out her own fabrics and I'm excited for the beautiful Cerulean Blue and silver Brocade fabric that I'll use on the bodice.  The dress will even have a literal silver lining!

And then, I will finally get to make my first junior bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding at the end of November.  I am also making a flower girl dress for her too.

So I am still busy with dress orders to the point where I had to stop taking orders until mid-late November.  BUT I will get those Project Runway designs done before the next episode airs.

I promise!

By the way, my Etsy shop link is: www.etsy.com/shop/mousebeecouture

I don't know if I've mentioned that before?!

No comments:

Post a Comment