Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's All Over...

...The ninth season of Project Runway, that is.  And I must say that it was pretty disappointing.  I was thoroughly let down by the lack of talent this season which is confusing because I am sure that they get thousands of applicants.  And here I am "in training" myself, as I do not think I am experienced enough to even try out and along comes Anya with only four months of sewing experience and she wins the whole thing.  Although really it came down to who didn't completely blow it.  The competition was Victor's to win, but out of nowhere he throws in all these transparent black chiffon cut out monstrosities which was a shame as his other looks were good.  But Anya had no depth to her collection.  She had no jackets or pants, only flowing dresses or jumpers.  Kimberly had some interesting pieces, but her collection was just ok.  BUT at least Joshua, the Bedazzler, didn't win.  I can not believe that he made it that far with some of the things that he made during the competition.  His color pallet was awful, particularly the chartreuse items.

I just kept thinking about past seasons' designers and current designers and design students everywhere and how they must have been at home shaking their heads in wonderment at how things have come to this.

but I will keep on course.

Let's just chalk it up to a rotten season.  Now, I will keep up with my game.  I have an imaginary $9000 to create a collection of ten looks.  So - stay tuned as I will be posting my "collection" soon.  Currently I am finishing up Lucy's princess costume and then I have two more Flower Girl dresses to do - which I will post all of those pictures, too. But I did want to reflect on the end of the show as it was still fresh in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment