Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Final Challenge - "Ello Govner!"

For the final challenge, the remaining designers are swept away to Governor's Island to final inspiration in creating three garments.

Governor's Island is really not all that inspiring, however, nor were the final collections of the final designers.  For my designs, I looked away from the island toward the surrounding water for inspiration.  I used a color palette that reflects the water with a dark steel grey/blue flawy silk.  With the structured city in the background, the top of act design is more constructed.  The belts I couldn't find on Piperline, but could just paint the mint green color onto a thin belt.  This pop of color (which also is sneaked between the folds of fabric in the gown) is a literal nod to The Statue of Liberty, but was not actually intended.  I just really like the mint with the dark grey blue.  Anyway, here we go:






Coming Up Next:

My next blogs will show all of the dress orders that I have been working on (all of the internet orders are finished and shipped!)  My next projects will be:  Lucy's Halloween dress, Sarah's Flower Girl dresses - one of which is a Junior Bridesmaid's dress which I'm really excited to create, and a dress for myself to wear to the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment