Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fashion Forward

ssThe Holiday was good to me in many ways.  One way in particular which will foster my fashion journey, was that it provided new educational resources for my library:


I received six books total:

For inspiration and historical reference:
 - 100 Dresses
 - 100 Shoes
both of the above are from The Metropolitan Museum of Art
and
100 Unforgettable Dresses (by Hal Rubenstein)

For Design Reference:

Fashion 101  (by Erika Stalder) - This is an extensive encyclopedia of each type of clothing as well as each's history

For Design Training:

101 Things I learned in Fashion School (by Alfredo Cabrera with Matthew Frederick)

and

Fashion Design Course (by Steven Faerm)

So, I have already dove right into the books and am currently working on designing my first dress.

I am still finishing up a couple Monster Hoodies as Christmas presents for friend's kids:



But my children's wear will have to be put on hold for a while.  I still have my Etsy shop and will continue to take orders, but I will limit how many I take on. 

I am looking forward to making fashion for me.  I am Fashion Forward For Me!

The time has come to stop thinking about and learning about fashion, but to just do it.  I will make dresses, slacks, tops, jackets, etc. etc.

2012 here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment